Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Today was a VERY hectic day. Payday, The day we all look forward too. To me that means I get up earlier than normal, get Scottie off to school and take Matthew and Syd (the one who LOVES to sit still and listen) to the commissary. Today Thank God my friend Heather volunteered to keep Sydney while I went to the store. What a life saver. Commissary shopping wasn't that bad today. I did run into my friend Sandy there and I felt her pain as she chased after her 2 year old. We all know how stressful that can be. I hope when people see me running around the stores in a frantic they feel the same sympathy that I feel for moms and don't think look at that mom she cannot control those kids. I try I really do, sometimes letting them scream is all you can do.
My dad comes in tomorrow, I cannot wait. The kids are beside themselves. I have no idea how Scottie is going to make it through school tomorrow. Scottie is doing very well at reading and writing stories. He has been officially moved up to the 2nd grade reading level. I am so proud of him. His new thing is to break a pencil and sharpen down whats left of it, normally about 1 inch. He then thinks it is so cool to try to write with it. I keep finding them and tossing them, he keeps making them. Maybe if I stoped he would too. No didn't think so either.
Ben registered Scottie for soccer today. The boy lucked out. This year soccer and baseball run at the same time here on base. Well the age cut off for baseball is 7 by April 15th. Since he will not be 7 until July he has to play T-Ball. T-Ball and soccer run at different times. He was so happy, he really didn't want to choose. I have been wanting to put him in Karate. He wanted to join too, thats until I told hom that they teach you concertration and if you didn't pay attention you had to do push ups. Yeah what was I thinking. Its better that he doesn't anyhow.. Kids need time to be kids, I don't think that every minute of their days should be planned out for them. He loves sports, so we will keep him in. The only think I am insisting on is swim lessons for Sydney and Scottie this summer. They scare me because they have no fear.
Today being Ash Wednesday we had to go to church tonight. This makes for a late dinner and crabby children. What a mess... Matthew doing his high pitched squel, Sydney crying that she wants to go potty every 2 mins( I think she likes to keep walking around and she like to visit public bathrooms), and Scottie laying in his chair playing with a toy he snuck in. I just wanted to pull all my hair out. Father Raul got a little carried away with the ashes on the forehead, They were every where. We were having to blow on each other to shake the excess off. The baby behind us had so much that it covered the top of her nose too. The kids got a kick out of blowing in each others face. The morew ashes the better right? I just keep reminding myself that they are kids.. Then you have Ben sitting there telling Scottie that he should blow farts at his teacher because that's what she deserves. HELLOOOOO We are in church. People are turnig to look at us!! And no we teach our kids to RESPECT their teachers!!! Someone dig me a hole PLEASEEEEEE.. See you tomorrow daddy!!!
 
posted by
at Wednesday, March 01, 2006 |


1 Hanging with the Coopers


At 9:07 AM, Blogger Sandra

LOL Veronica, sounds like you guys had fun at church. THIS is why I don't take my kids, I would either get kicked out or die of embarassment.

Have fun with your dad :)