Thursday, March 02, 2006

Well my dad arrived today, I couldn't be happier. Oh wait yes I could if my entire family was here life would be good. I am just so thankful to get some time with my dad. Its been rough. Ben enlisted 7 years ago this past Jan. Come April 17th I will have been away from my family for 7 years. I so miss them. Growing up I NEVER imagined that I would ever move away from my parents, grandfather (RIP Dziadzia, We love you) and brother. I dreamed that my kids and my brothers kids would grow up living right down the street from each other. That my best friend Stephanie,(who I have known my entire life, seriously) and I would go through motherhood together like we have everything else in our life. And our kids wouldn't know life without each other being right down the street, they would go to school together and just hang out. They wouldn't just see each other once a year or every other year. This is that part of military life I HATE!!! Yes I know hate is a strong word, but that is how I feel. But on the other hand, I love what the military has done for my family. I don't have to worry about anything. And thank God Ben has a pretty secure job, no deployments any time soon, even though he would love to go on one.
I think when you are forced to face the facts that you cannot be near your family you keep those thought suppressed. Until someone comes to visit and you realize how painful it is to not see them enough. Not that I don't miss my family, because I do and I want nothing more then to be there with them, but for the sake of sanity and my children I cannot dwell on it. Okay enough about the military...

Sydney who I was worried would be shy of my dad has found a new best friend. Grandpa will tickle her arms until she falls asleep and then fall asleep with her.
I should be making out my list for Wal-Mart. Saturday is Sydneys 3rd Birthday. I need to get her party organized, so I am off to do that..
 
posted by
at Thursday, March 02, 2006 |


1 Hanging with the Coopers


At 10:25 AM, Blogger Sandra

Awww Veronica, I LOVE those pics of your dad with Sydney, the one of them asleep is too precious.

Man do I know what you mean about being away from family, mine hasn't even met my kids yet, imagine that.

Hope you guys have tons of fun with your dad, enjoy every minute :)