Monday, May 22, 2006

A lot has happened in the past week. On Saturday May 13th, the day before Mothers' Day I received the call from my dad that I have dreadfully been expecting. My grandmother passed away peacefully in her sleep. RIP Grandma. We love you and will always miss you. Her suffering is over, She is now healthy and drinking her beer. She is happy again. Until we meet again, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I left Idaho on Sunday to be there for my dad and Aunt Mary. I felt a very strong need to get there. Grandmas service was perfect. Her hands were perfect, they were not mangled like they had been for the past few years. Her nails were painted a beautiful pink. She looked rested. I still think of Grandma with black hair a beer in her hand and grape or strawberry soda in the fridge for me and Chuckie. The priest was even perfect. Grandmas family were from Ireland so what more perfect then a old priest from Dublin Ireland. All of my grandparents, an Uncle and Great Aunt have all completed their circle and are awaiting the rest of us to join them. I find peace to think that they are all together celebrating and eating Keilbosa, Kapusta and turkey neck sandwiches!
On Wednesday the day after Grandmas service I got to see my niece Aubri. She is one of the prettiest little girls ever. We love you Aubri! I had a great time getting to know her.
I had a great time with Austin too. His birthday is coming up real soon. I took him to Wal-Mart and told him that I would buy him anything he wanted. Austin wanted a medicine dropper so he could suck up bugs! I told him that I would buy him one, but wanted to get him something different too. Out of all the cool toys we seen he picked out a $3 bug net to catch lizards and a $4 bug house. Wow I got away cheap this year. Austin spent most of his days looking for bugs. Dad and I spent hours with him moving rocks and bricks so he could catch HIS bugs. He was really upset with me when I first got there because I didn't bring Scottie and Sydney. I felt so bad because they really wanted to go with me. I just couldn't pull Scottie out of school and it would have cost me a fortune. After a few hours he warmed up to me again. Miss ya buddy!
I enjoyed seeing my friends and family. I was sad to have gone under the circumstances, but was happy to be home. After grandma's service we had a real nice reception at my cousin Steve's house. I got to spend time with some cousins that I haven't see for a few years.Everyone celebrated Grandma and her legacy.
On Saturday my baby turned 1! I cannot believe that my Mattie is 1. I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital. We had a small party at out house and had all of our good friends and their kids here. Matthew is our only child that has really dug into the cake. He loved every bit of it. We thank everyone that came and made Matt's day special.
Here is Matt before cake, here is the cake and here is Matt after he got the cake!
I will close for now. Take Care









 
posted by
at Monday, May 22, 2006 |


1 Hanging with the Coopers


At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey Roni, It was great seeing you. And yes, Grandma was absolutely beautiful. I am just sorry it was under these circumstances. Grandma will be missed by so many of us. She was an AWESOME lady. I wish Ben could get out of the assignment too. Come Home soon though!!!!