Friday, May 26, 2006

For the most part I love the military life style, I hate the part where you make great friends and a couple of years later you have to say goodbye. As I sit here in tears typing away I think back 3 years ago when I met Heather and her family. We both visited babycenter.com's military board. I posted asking if anyone was on Mountain Home AFB, Heather was the only one to reply. We ended up living right down the street from each other, We instantly bonded. When I met her Morgan was 2 1/2 and Bryson was almost 1. Now she has Brynn and baby Max. With no kids in school we had a daily routine. We went to the park every morning at 10 for an hour. Then on the real nice days I would walk to her house later in the afternoon. We'd sit under her pine trees and chat while the kids jumped on the trampolene or swam. She threw my baby shower for Mattie. We spent 4th of July together, Thats the picture above. I moved to another housing area when we found out Mattie was on his way. We didn't see each other as often, but talked SEVERAL times a day. When she got pregnant with Max she ended up moving a few blocks up from us. Tonight they came over for dinner for the last time here on this base. They leave Sunday for Eielson AFB Alaska. I will truly miss her and her family. I have never felt the instant bond or connection that I have felt with Heather, Matt or their kids.
I hate saying goodbye. This is the worst feeling ever. Military life takes you away from your natural family, You make a new "family", Your military family composed of close friends that are in the same boat as you are. No one besides another military wife will truly understand exactly what you feel or are going through. When husbands deploy you are sure to have a friend there to help you get through the sad lonely times, they come by or call to cheer you up. They help with the kids. They never let you stay in your slump for long. Fortunately Ben has not deployed since we have been here, but Matt has several times. Ben has gone a few places here and there or been so stressed to the point I didn't understand what was going on. Heather has been here right beside me and I have been right beside her.
I will miss Heather very much, I hope our roads meet again. I know that we will forever be there for each other. I hope they enjoy their great adventure in Alaska. They will truly be missed by me and my family.
 
posted by
at Friday, May 26, 2006 |


2 Hanging with the Coopers


At 8:21 AM, Blogger Sandra

Darnit Veronica, you brought tears to my eyes with your post. LOL

It really does suck doesn't it? Military life is great but when you make friends and they start moving it's always the worst part. Guess this is how I'll be feeling when everybody leaves me in two months (hehehe).

Glad you guys had a good dinner with Heather and Matt. I'm sure you'll see each other somewhere down the road. :)

 

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Well I kinda understand what yur going thru baby as when your dad was in the AF we had friends that come and go..But there is more chance now that you and your wonderful friends will keep in contact as there is a wonderful invention called the computer. I know that you will make alot more friends along the way but remember each friend you make is very speical to you as Heather and Matt will still be ....
I just only wish I could be there with you tomorrow my sweet baby and hold you when you say good bye to your dear friends and wipe the tears away ......I love you Roni with all my heart
love you ,
Momma
XXXXOOOO