Friday, September 01, 2006

Well we are here and doing great. We got here on the 8th of August. We have been trying to connect internet since then, but lovely (NOT) ol' Verizon decided that we just didn't need internet in a timely manner. We got connected today. Maybe we should decide that they do not need their money in a timely manner. I am sure that they would quickly disconnect us quicker then you could blink your eyes. Oh well!
The drive was long. 6 days long that is. Ben had Sydney and Scottie in the Penske truck, while I had Matthew in his truck. The first day was very rough, Matthew did not like the car ride he screammed in entire day unless he was sleeping. I guess by the second day he figured in was no use in crying and just slept most of the day. And continued that until we got here, I was lucky in the he was sleeping, but I was so board. No one to talk to but myself. We saw some beautiful country and so areas that we not so pretty. We are talking miles and miles of nothing around. I saw a real hay stack for the first time. That was neat.
Scottie started school on Tuesday. He seems to really enjoy it. I was told that his teacher is very mellow and calm. Which is the kind of teacher that Scottie needs. She is also very strict having the kids say "Yes Mamm" and "No mamm". I think that it builds a sense of authority. He rides the school bus which picks up and drops off right down the street. I can see it from my house. Yesterday he told me that he didn't need me to take him there anymore. And asked me to go home while he waited. It just about broke my heart. He is growing up way to fast for me. Little does he know that I still stood across the street and watched. He was to involved talking with the other boys. I stood there and cried. My baby is not a baby anymore. But I know that he will always need his mommy. So after school I waited on the front porch. He ran home and quickly asked why I wasn't at the bus stop waiting for him. I guess he still needs me. (just a little according to Mr Scott)
We have seen so many different animals right outside in our back yard. Snakes, squirls, racoons, deer, skunk and many other critters. I have told the kids not to touch any of them. Thank goodness they are afarid to go near the forest and our critter friends.
This Sundazy our newest addition will arrive. We will get to the airport to pick up Yuki. (You-Key) I am so excited to meet her and Miko will have a friend. I will post pics as soon as we can.
Well I am off.. Matt needs his nap and Syd and I have to find something fun to do. Miss you all..
 
posted by
at Friday, September 01, 2006 |


0 Hanging with the Coopers